Sunday, February 6, 2011

Disgracing The Old Masters.

These are all work from last year about commercialization and materialism using iconic classical art and placing them into a modern advertising format. I was playing around with a claustrophobic overcrowded composition in most of them, trying to be over the top and gaudy in the style of the photographer, some are using real brand names and some are invented for the sake of the piece and I also was exploring the idea of subliminal advertising and also overt product placement so I put lots of other brandnames within an ad where they are relevant yet secondary and sort of out place. I know the idea of revisiting the old masters and using such cliche'd imagery as the 'Mona Lisa' and 'American Gothic' may just seem unoriginal and immature but I lack the cliche factor for its currency and immediacy.








No comments:

Post a Comment